IoT or the Internet of Things are defined as physical objects or groups of objects or systems laced with sensors, software processing abilities, and other technologies. These IoT devices and systems have features to connect other devices and systems, exchange data and information over the internet or any communication network.
The Internet of things is not just about connected devices or systems. Moreover, it is all about the information those connected devices collect and generate an immediate and powerful insight into that information. Further, these insights are used in business. IoT helps to solve business problems using that business’ data.
Building an IoT solution can be a difficult problem. Making an IoT solution sounds easy and interesting at first. Many people think the IoT solution is all about connecting a bunch of devices, some sensors, and the cloud. Or writing code for software to run that IoT hardware on the cloud. But in reality, it is not this easy as it sounds. There are too many things that are not easy to implement in the right way. Then comes the security problem, device management, cloud analytics, and many more aspects to complete an IoT solution.
Selecting PaaS or SaaS for IoT solution:
Another difficult decision is selecting PaaS or SaaS lead generation for IoT solutions. When deciding between IoT PaaS or IoT SaaS, one can consider some highlights of each of the options and select based on the requirements or expectations from the IoT solution.
- PaaS considered IoT solutions:
PaaS is a key technology platform for the movement as it provides several facilities while working on IoT solutions. Some features that PaaS-based IoT solutions have are given below.
- Completely customizable IoT solutions
- They are flexible so that one can implement any IoT solution needed
- It has to be implemented more by yourself
- One requires more expertise to design the IoT solution
- SaaS considered IoT solutions:
The IoT SaaS platform is good for the collection of data and makes it easy. It offers in-depth connectivity and data collection. One can look for more features. Some of them are given below.
- Completely managed IoT solution
- They are less flexible, so one needs to use built-in features to design an IoT solution
- More built-in features mean one does not have to work more on it
- It has lower entry barriers.
Therefore, IoT solutions can be designed as PaaS and SaaS platforms.
Listing some top IoT devices:
IoT devices are not just the things of technical or business. Nowadays, IoT devices are used in every field, even in our homes. So, let’s see some best IoT devices that we use.
- Google Home voice controller: It is a smart IoT device by google that allows you to control the TV and speakers’ volumes, listen to media. It can manage alarms and timers. It allows control over the lights of the house remotely. It can be your to-do list for the day.
- Amazon Echo Plus Voice controller: It is a very popular voice controlling IoT device by amazon. It can play songs and music, do phone calls, set alarms and timers, give information and answers to questions. It can also manage other compatible smart home devices like lighting, plugs, etc.
- August Doorbell Cam: It is an effective and reliable IoT innovation. It allows the homeowner to answer the door from anywhere in the home or remote location. Also, it constantly monitors the doors and captures the motion in doorsteps.
- Kuri Mobile robot: It is a sort of home robot which is very popular. It is specifically designed for entertainment, but it can interact with users and capture moments around it with its HD cameras.
- Philips lighting system: It is a popular IoT device used as a home wireless lightning expo to control your homes’ lightning. It can sync with music and movies, schedule light as per the surroundings, etc.
IoT devices and technologies are a new era of technology. Not only the technical field but our daily routine also has the use of IoT technologies and devices.